Spotlight on Community: Waterset by Newland Communities
Architect: Looney Ricks Kiss and Heidt Design
Builder: CRS Building Corp
Interior Designer: Looney Ricks Kiss
Developer: Newland Communities
Land Planner: EDSA
Waterset by Newland Communities is a master-planned community owned in a joint venture partnership between Newland Communities and North America Sekisui House, LLC (NASH). At completion, Waterset will offer a mix of 3,500 single family and multifamily homes. Waterset spans over 1,300 acres and focuses on sustainable growth, green building practices and providing residents with a true sense of belonging. This distinctive community’s thoughtful design allows residents to interact with nature and enjoy contemporary living. The neighborhoods connect fluidly from one to another with walkable, interconnecting streets, miles of trails, ponds and parks, and a mile-long Greenway Trail System.
The community is very accessible to diverse audiences, offering a range of home products starting in the $190s with various builders including David Weekley Homes, Ashton Woods Homes, Cardel Homes, Neal Communities, Homes by WestBay and Ryland Homes. Amenities were built to balance relaxation and escape with activity and collaboration and include:
- The Landing Club & Café – which serves as the community’s welcome center, resident and surrounding community gathering place, and an on-site eatery managed by Chef Bradley Livingston, whose appealing menu and lively personality draws visitors from across Tampa Bay
- The Lakeside – a family-centric activity area with Splash Park, playgrounds, outdoor grills, hammocks for lounging, and a dog park with separate areas for small and large pets.
- The Grand Lawn for concerts and community events that are enjoyed by residents and surrounding neighborhoods.
- The community pool offers a quick getaway from life’s stress or a quick swim to escape the Florida heat.
- The fitness center and FitTrail offer residents a chance to stay fit workout without the hassle of a gym membership.