Put Your Kitchen Skills to Use: Submit Recipes for ‘Building an Appetite’
- There’s no better time to use your kitchen skills or appliances!
- First Vice Chairman Granger MacDonald and his wife Kathy are creating a collection of NAHB cookbooks to celebrate the life of their son, Doug Wistner — and they’re asking for your help.
- Doug had a passion for cooking for his family, friends and the girls he dated. He saw cooking as a way to draw communities together. Doug passed away unexpectedly in January 2015 after a long battle with depression. But through these NAHB cookbooks, Granger and Kathy hope to keep his memory alive and unite the NAHB community.
Doug cooking at home.
- Their idea is to compile recipes submitted by NAHB members, their families and staff. The collection will be called “Building an Appetite,” a name Doug had created for another culinary project.
- The first of these cookbooks will be available for purchase at the 2017 IBS. All proceeds will go to support an educational scholarship in the area of government affairs.
- Submit a recipe here. The deadline for submissions is Sept. 23.